Monday, April 27, 2009

Waiting for Google Street View in Toronto

For the past few weeks, there have been loads of google van sitings in Toronto. Now there are reports of google van sitings in Vancouver and Ottawa.

A couple years ago, when google launched Street View, I remember virtually touring Palm Beach in Florida. It's a great tool if you're relocating to an area or if you are planning to visit an area and are searching for hotels in a scenic environment.

I can't wait to virtually tour my neighbourhood. The need for high resolution imagery has exploded. When I was in school, we were amazed to see imagery at the 5-meter level, nowadays, that's not even close to the resolution readily available.

In Canada, faces on Street View will be blurred but I wonder how much that will help my neighbour who is fond of naked yoga with the blinds opened...

No comments:

Post a Comment