Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GIS and Videogames Collide with CityScape 1.7

Personally, I’m not much into videogames, but this is where a lot of the current 3D imaging originated. PixelActive, a technology company focusing on video games, has launched CityScape 1.7 which allows users to integrate real geospatial imagery to build a 3D environment with simple point and click usability. This program will allow videogame programmers to incorporate real world settings into their games with the click of a button.

I find this absolutely fascinating and I think the technology have far reaching potential outside the videogame world.

All this kind of makes me want to go out and buy a gaming system…

PixelActive’s CityScape 1.7 Enables Automated Processing for Geospatial Visualization

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I just thought you might be interested on the Download Games I know. I am so delighted when I come to know the site, hope you'll like them too.

    ReplyDelete