Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FME Toronto Regional User Conference

Yesterday, I had the privilege of being one of the attendees at the FME Regional Conference in Toronto. FME is a software (www.safe.com) that allows the easy manipulation of data (GIS and otherwise). I use it daily to make my work flow more productive and it has proven to be invaluable.

The event was small (just over 50 people) but overall the crowd seemed very interested in the subject matter. Dale and Don, the original creators of Safe Software and FME, were the main presenters of the day. They were informative, funny, and knowledgeable about the product. I was happy to hear about all the advancements in the FME Server and I'm looking forward to our deployment of Server. For now, I focus my work using the desktop application and thanks for Don and Dale, I have learned a few tricks to help me on the way.

Thank you Dale and Don, for a wonderfully entertaining day! I look forward to more regional user groups in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment