Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Everyscape – Tour “inside” facilities

Today I came across a very interesting website, Everyscape. This site allows users to drive down streets (similar to Google street view) BUT it brings something new to the picture. Users can virtually tour inside facilities. I took a tour of Crobar in Miami Florida. It was great to see inside the building and get a feel for the place. The place was packed and while some of the faces and images were blurred, overall, it really gave me an impression of what it would be like to party at Crobar.

I think that tourism applications would benefit greatly from this tool.  Before taking a trip, users could look on the site for popular places and find places they can experience “inside” before leaving the living room. I’m planning my next trip now!

http://www1.everyscape.com/miami-fl.us.aspx?

5 comments:

  1. This is like a video game but in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Boston, and I always use Everyscape before going out. I like this one where you can go through the ceiling : http://www.everyscape.com/boston-ma.us.aspx?p=549741&f=335.69&th=-3.41&y=63.69&poi=2245&ct=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback on our site. I'm the director of marketing at EveryScape and am always interested in hearing from people who are interacting with our content. If you have any tips for things you'd like to see in the future, feel free to email me at rebecca(at)everyscape(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete